Can I come down for only one day?
Yes! While it's not a complete mission trip experience, it's definitely an experience that will transform those who come while really helping us with important work.
Day trips help Amor and the families we serve alongside complete houses that are left unfinished. There are a number of factors that go into why houses go unfinished and groups that serve in this capacity help get families into their homes as quick as possible. This also serves as peace of mind for the groups leaving the houses unfinished knowing the house will get done soon after they leave.
Logistically, coming for one day works better for those who live in Southern California who can spare a day of their weekend to make a difference. It is a great way for new groups to get to experience a small piece of an Amor trip as well as give people with busy schedules an opportunity to serve.
What you can accomplish in one day varies, but these are five things we thought you'll walk away at the end of the day.
1. You perfect your defensive driving skills while driving in Mexico.
2. You fulfill your craving for good street tacos.
3. You sharpen your soccer skills playing against children that are WAY better than you.
4. You help complete a house or bring it one step closer to being finished.
5. You bring hope to a family.
Try it for yourself
You can make a definitive difference by coming on a day trip. Gather your group, give us a call and let us help you plan your weekend experience.